Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Senior Moments

This is my last semester at college. I think it's finally sunk in. Tonight my roommates and I were just hanging out, watching TV, painting our nails (my toenails are now blue!), and eating a disgusting amount of junk food (I may or may not have eaten most of a large bag of potato chips - with dip).

And I realized that I really felt like a senior - I'm putting off my homework even more than usual, the stress has magically disappeared, and I'm even occasionally drinking on school nights. Maybe it's not the best situation in the world, but I'm really content. Graduation is about 100 days away, and I'm ready to move on to the next chapter of my life - one where I won't always be reading old books and thinking about obscure theories and mules.

I'm also really starting to realize that I'm going to be leaving all my friends, especially if my plans work out. I'll be off in a city far away from here, so I'll get to visit old friends only a few times a year probably.

Crap, now I'm really depressed.

For now, I'm just going to focus on the present and enjoy every last moment of this part of my life: the people, the places, the weird inside jokes, the frustrations, the joys, the labeled days of the week with my roommates.

I'm going to focus on the little happy things, even if that means drinking a glass of wine while painting my toenails blue in the middle of winter. I'm content with that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment