Friday, February 4, 2011

Not So Happy (Sorry)

I miss the feeling that someone wants me. I miss knowing that someone thinks his life is complete because I'm in it. I miss feeling sexy because that's how he sees me. I miss cuddling, fitting into the curves of his body as if I was born to be there. I miss the small quick kisses. I miss the longer, passionate kisses, loving each other as if we'll never stop.

I don't miss him, I just miss the idea of him. I don't want to miss even the idea of him. I want to be independent and sexy on my own, but it's tough in a world filled with movies and TV shows and music that revolves around the idea of finding your other half, how love is the most important thing in the world.

I'd like that idea a lot if I had someone to love.

So as I pine over various guys, I can't help but wonder if I actually want them - or if I just want the relationship, the cuddle-buddy, the lover.

I don't want to, but despite my feminist views I still kind of want to find my other half. Or my other quarter, or eighth, or sixteenth, or seven-hundredth. I want someone to share things with, to cuddle with, to make me feel beautiful and loved. And I want to make him feel beautiful and loved, too (I don't think I'm quite as selfish as I sound).

So where is he? It doesn't even have to be The One, but I'm really ready for someone to try to be a one.

No comments:

Post a Comment