Friday, February 4, 2011

Dear Motivation,

Where are you? You used to be such a good friend, showing up exactly when I needed you. Well, maybe not exactly, but at least you always came through at the end. We had such great times these last three and a half years at college, bonding during late night stress sessions, as you sat by me with a cup of coffee and cheered me on, convincing me that the hard work was worth it. You're the reason I've written so many great papers throughout my academic career. You even helped me pick a thesis, pushing me to stick with a bizarre and challenging topic, not letting me give up when even professors were skeptical and discouraging.

Why did you decide to take a vacation? I understand that you, like most beings, abhor this chilly winter weather, but you've always bundled up and stuck it out before with me. Why, in my last semester at college, did you decide to leave? Sure, you helped me pick a challenging yet awesome thesis topic, but you've abandoned me in my true time of need - when I need to actually get to work and write this thesis!

I understand that you're tired after years of late nights and cheerful adrenaline-pumping. I'm tired, too. All I'm asking for is a few more months. After that, I'll leave you alone for a whole year! (Probably.) Please come back. I miss you and I need you.

Love,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment