Saturday, January 1, 2011

And now for something completely out of character...

I'm not much of a girly-girl. The only makeup I wear on a daily basis is chapstick and one quick swipe of mascara. I dry my hair only to keep from freezing. Said hair is usually in a ponytail. I only got my ears re-pierced six months ago (that's a story for another day). I can look nice when I need to - although for some reason people are always shocked when I wear a dress - but normally I just can't be bothered. I'd just rather be comfortable, and spend my time doing something else fairly useless.

But tonight I'm sitting in my sister's senior prom dress, wearing makeup on both my upper and lower lashes, as well as tinted lip gloss (what, it's all I had!), with curled hair and a pearl necklace. Is there a wedding reception tonight? A New Year's gala?

Nope.

For some reason that I can't even figure out, tonight I had the urge to get dressed up. Part of that was probably because I got a lot of "Did you lose weight?" compliments this holiday season, and the best test for someone who doesn't own a scale is to try on clothes that haven't fit in a while. Another part was that when I got out of the shower this afternoon, I felt sexy, and wanted to take that sexiness to the max.

Another part was probably because of that dream I had the other night, when Josh Groban was my boyfriend, and he took me to the Grammy's, and I looked gorgeous on the red carpet, and everyone was interviewing me.

But tonight I have nowhere to go. I'm just going to sit here all pretty, because I spruced myself up for myself. I spent a couple hours playing dress-up like a little girl, even though I'm officially an adult now (I think). I haven't felt this sexy and beautiful in ages - and I didn't do it to impress a guy. I'm not taking pictures; I'm not asking other people to compliment me. I know I'm beautiful and sexy, whether I'm all dolled up or not.

This is a pretty good start to my mental health for 2011, if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment